Relatives of Davlatqadam Davlatqadamov, who was detained after the bomb threat on flight from Moscow to Dushanbe, say that by ruling handed down by the Zhukovsky city court Davlatqadam will stay under custody until September 29.  

According to them, Davlatqadam is currently being held in Kashyrskoye detention center and he will remain there until the medical examination results are ready.  

Davlatqadam’s brother, Shams, says they are not allowed to see him.  “We have already hired a lawyer and we are waiting for the medical examination results, but it is unknown when they will be ready,” Shams told Asia-Plus in an interview.

“If the medical examination results confirm that he is sick, Davlatqadam will be extradited to Tajikistan or will be sent for compulsory treatment,” Shams added.  

Recall, a Russian airliner operating fight from Moscow to Dushanbe was forced to return to the Zhukovsky after a Tajik man fought with the flight crew and threatened to blow up the plane.

Police detained the man, identified as Davlatqadam Davlatqadamov, after the Dushanbe-bound flight landed back at the Zhukovsky airport on August 29.

Russian media reports say Davlatqadamov began acting belligerently, and, when a flight attendant warned him, he got out of his seat and punched the woman in the head.

After the flight crew restrained Davlatqadamov, he threatened other passengers and claimed to have a bomb on board, Yelena Markovskaya, a representative of the regional investigative agency, was cited as saying by Tass.

Video taken during the flight, and published by Russian investigators, showed Davlatqadamov with his hands and legs bound by tape as he gave conflicting answers to a police officer.

Meanwhile, Davlatqadam’s father, Saidqadam Davlatqadamov, told Radio Liberty’s Tajik Service that his son had traveled to Russia to get a Russian passport, but suffered a nervous breakdown two weeks ago and was now on his way back home to Dushanbe.

“I think that during the flight the disease progressed,” Saidqadam Davlatqadamov said.

"He was badly beaten on board the aircraft during his arrest.  They had to understand that he had a mental disorder,” he said.